Sunday, January 10, 2010

Back to school.

Listed for the Connaught Rangers by Lady Butler



I am back at College after the work experience phase of my training. It's certainly been an experience that has radically changed my way of looking at things. One of the sadnesses has been how little gaming I've had time for. I enjoy gaming on many levels, but mainly as a means of meeting my friends and there hasn't been enough of that of late.

I got a little gaming in at Gaelcon in October and a single days worth of Memoir '44 over Christmas, but other than that it's been pretty slim. I intend to organise another outing soon.

In my off duty hours, I've managed to accumulate quite a force of Napoleonics mostly due to the painting skills of Mark Bevis of Micromark, whose affordable rates have made it possible to bulk out my Napoleonic forces without breaking the bank. I came to the conclusion that while I had had precious little money, I certainly wasn't going to spend it on figures that I wasn't going to be able to paint or play with. I'm too much of an egomanic to buy figures from Ebay which (quelle horreur!) might be based in a way displeasing to the might Kinch. Mark on the other hand is perfectly willing to accept figures already based and uncoated and has been very quick with emails and photographs to keep me updated.

I hope that the fruits of his labour will be gracing this blog in the not too distant future.

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you and all the best to you and yours for 2010.
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear that you have at least been able to do a little bit of wargaming recently.

    Don't forget to get in contact soon about COW2010,

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete