Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Great War Map

 

It appears I miscounted

I stated in my previous post that the map for Great War is thirteen hexes by eleven and it would appear I was talking through my hat. Here's a quick screen shot from the gameplay video.  It is in fact twelve by eleven. I presume there's solid gameplay reasons for this, but I had so hoped it would be a standard board size. 

Interesting to note that the trench system is notional. Great War trench systems were generally more complex and zig zagged a bit more, but this makes things easier for a modular tile system. 

2 comments:

  1. The individual tiles look plenty wibbly to me. I think it'll do well for abstracting "these four men are a platoon" all the way up to "these four men are a batallion" like Memoir '44 did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm is anyone else experiencing problems with the pictures on this
    blog loading? I'm trying to determine if its a problem on my end or if it's the
    blog. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete