Monday, January 9, 2017

Lifeguard Trumpeter


I've had my hands full recently, but I'm hoping to get a little painting done over the Christmas season. I'm torn between some Mahdists, which I have helpfully got based and primed or some 1/72 Zvesda Pikemen and Musketeers for Pikeman's Lament. 

In the meantime, I can spare the time to appreciate the really fine work our man in Budapest has done on this Lifeguards Trumpeter. 





The pictures here don't do this chap justice.  He's 1/16 scale and is currently guarding one of my bookshelves. An old Airfix figure, he towers over almost anything else in my collection. 




Mr. Tibi has done a very fine job on this chap. 




I particularly like the subtle tonal shifts in the red.  Painting red or white are a pain in the neck at the best of times, but he's has done it very well. 

There's been a lot on for the last few months, but hopefully we'll get back into something approximately a decent routine shortly. 




15 comments:

  1. Your Hungarian Connection is a master with the brush!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! that figure takes me back - that range of Airfix figures must be over 50 years old and still looking good, excellant paint job, Tony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is rather special. I was thinking about picking up the other figures in the set - we shall see.

      Delete
  3. Mr Tibi has indeed done you proud.A glorious job he has done on the figure.
    I was in town over the holiday period and was looking at 1/72 figures by Strelsti. I was able to open the boxes and have a good look. I was very taken by the figures and only just managed to resist...
    Go for the pike and musket figures, a small investment of time /effort will lead to a fun game.
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Alan. The pike and shot project is fortunately being mainly serviced by material I have in stock.

      I think some Revell Swedish cavalry are the only thing I'll need to add.

      Delete
  4. Great to hear from you and what a wonderful addition to the collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is keeping an eye on my books. They need keeping in line.

      Delete
  5. Wow, I got this kit for my ninth birthday; a very, very long time ago...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a fine paint job, I especially like the face with it's highlights and shadow.

    PS Could you please remind me of your address again via email for the Russian chaps!

    Regards,
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's done a great job. I'll email you the address.

      Delete
  7. I made one of these when I was a lad and filled the boots with lead shot, squeezing a full tube of polystyrene glue into it to keep it firm. When I came to breakfast I found he'd keeled over. The glue had melted his ankles. I never made that mistake again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you very much Suber. I am particularly lucky to have it my collection.

      Delete