Monday, December 24, 2012

A Scene of Peace

The Adoration of the Shepards by Rembrandt

My apologies for my laxness is posting for the last few days, between work, family and other writing commitments have kept me from my blog.

I have always liked the picture above. It represents the light that this time of year and the event it commemorates brings to the lives of ordinary folk like you and I. The adoration of the Magi, powerful men, leaders amongst their people, will come later.  My King is no respecter of persons and those who came to him first were ordinary men, as practical as potatoes and as simple.

Say what you like about that Rembrandt fella, he knew how to paint light. Mrs Kinch and I saw this painting seven years ago, the day I asked her to marry me. It is as magical now as it was then.

Enjoy the feast and raise a glass for me. I hope to spend a quiet day in work tomorrow, so if you do raise a glass, don't get behind the wheel of a car, because that will definitely spoil my quiet day or the much hoped for quiet day of others.

Mrs Kinch and I, Cousin Basil, Sissi and Flashman would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and peaceful and prosperous New Year.

God bless us, every one.

6 comments:

  1. And the same to you, Conrad. Godspeed!

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best to you and yours for Christmas and have a great 2013.

    Airhead

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you, Conrad, and all the Kinch Household!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And to You and your house. Best wishes for a quiet Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the best CK.. I'll raise a glass of white port in your vague direction this evening... :o)

    ReplyDelete