The closest I get to competent DIY
A few weeks ago (actually over a month ago at this stage)* , I pulled out the old casting equipment and set to. I will be busy come November, so I thought I'd try and get a head start on the Christmas casting.
The Holy Families gathering
Mrs Kinch got me a Nativity set for Christmas last year and hinted rather firmly that she would like one cast for this year. I would like to make one for my Godmother as well, I thought I better get weaving. I got quite a bit done and even snuck in a few Guardsmen towards the end.
I have gotten a little better at casting and will work up the courage to vent a mould any day now. I have started warming the moulds in the oven before hand which seems to help some of the flow problems. It is certainly more effective than allowing the moulds to warm up through use. Another little lesson learned.
Every day is a school day.
*Entries are at Joy & Forgetfulness are written as and when I feel like it. And published in much the same way.