Saturday, February 5, 2011

Remote Control Aircraft & Fireworks



There is no combination of the above words that can fail to please me.

I am an old school sort at heart, I like serried ranks of uniformed men, the elegant ballet of horse, foot and guns. I'm very much of the opinion that once cavalry stop playing a key battlefield role, all the heart has gone out of the business.

And then I see something like this and it reminds me that H.G. Wells used to fire lead shot at his beautifully painted figures and that a little sound and fury is no bad thing. For those of you who cannot watch this footage, it is three minutes and forty seconds of pure joy - remote control zeppelin busting. Make time.

4 comments:

  1. That's a cool video - the guys's on my son's robotics team have seen it and are planning (after the season) to strip our 'bot down for parts to try and build something similar. I think it's a good thing, especially since there are two teenagers, my son and one his teammates who are, as we speak, trying to figure out lift ratios for the motors/props to figure out the max payload. That's two teens doing math voluntarily at 8:40am local time.

    Now if I can only convince the while to let me get some Hydrogen to fill the target balloons - what could go wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Many thanks for posting this- awesome. I have heard of 1/25 r/c tanks firing at each other but have never seen it either...
    alan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wildly cool video indeed. Very neat!


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete