Monday, June 17, 2013

When in disgrace with fortune and men's eyes.




I should be in bed, as I will have to sneak into work tomorrow morning to finish a few small jobs and that will necessitate rising disgustingly early. Fortunately, work, duty and all such stuff will be able to go hang as Mrs Kinch and I will be retiring to the country for a few days. I'm sure I shall return in a much better mood.

I can't really believe that this happened five years ago and is now providing the excuse for our little getaway.  Anyway, I have packed books, paints, toy soldiers, alcohol and other necessities in a bag. I may have to get smokeables in the morning.

I shall see you all on upon our return.  Don't get up to any mischief.

10 comments:

  1. Deuced happy for you, Kinches! May there be many more anniversaries to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and have a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time celebrating your first five years!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the anniversary of your nuptials, which, judging from that post of yore on your blog, was a rather splendid affair. Ms. Brown and myself just celebrated 10 legally, and another 7 lived in sin. Finding and, miraculously, keeping the love of a good woman is man's greatest pleasure and God's good gift. Blessings to you both. Enjoy your sojourn in the country.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waterloo was more than 5 OH, I wish the 2 of you much joy over many years.

    Ross

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your five year anniversary. I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your anniversary. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a great few days break, and congratulations on the first five years.

    I hope you get a little spare time when you get back to write up the C&C game previously mentioned, the one Old John was involved in, as I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete