Friday, August 20, 2010

Hip Hip Hooray! One down!

The Death of the Tippoo Sultan - Engraving from The Illustrated London News

I am always loath to comment on my professional life on this blog - but suffice to say that I had my first examination of my progress so far and it went very well. Far better than expected.

Mrs. Kinch continues well.

No wargaming news as such beyond the arrival of a copy of "The Sword and the Flame", a ruleset that I've heard a great deal of good things about. I doubt I'll run it as is, I'm rather more enamoured of the early 19th century than the later.

A full review as soon as I've played a game or two with them.

A big thank you to Maverick Collecting, Kala Akhaati sounds splendid and I'm glad to hear you got your dragoons at last.







3 comments:

  1. Congrats!
    Continued best wishes to the mem-sahib!
    I played TSATF many years ago (early 80's or thereabouts if I recall correctly; with 15mm Mike's Models minis on the floor of my studio apartment) and several years ago bought a new edition. I haven't played it again since that purchase, but it still brings back fond memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Conrad Kinch,

    Congratulations on your examination results … and the news that Mrs. Kinch’s health continues to improve.

    I have several copies of TSATF – I bought it when it first came out and have two later editions as well. The rules work quite well (which is hardly unexpected considering the ongoing development they have had) but I used half-sized units rather than full-sized ones in my games and used cms rather than inches for all measurements. I don’t think that this change made any substantial difference to the results, and made it much easier to stage the battles on the small table top that I had.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huzzah!!

    I always consider it a huge plus when I pass anything at my age... ahem.... I'll get my coat... :o)

    PS. Excellent news re. Mrs Kinch..

    ReplyDelete