Saturday, October 21, 2017

The Fox Wife's Tail




The first few copies arrived


It is a very strange feeling holding a book that you wrote in your hands, but here is where we find ourselves.

So what is it?

The Fox Wife's Tail is a story set in the 1850s about a Japanese Fencing Teacher and his American friend as they wander through a Japan that is struggling to come to terms with the intrusion of the modern world.

When the two friends discover a samurai lord murdered on the road and his only son and heir kidnapped, they find themselves drawn into a mystery as baffling as it is deadly.

They will need sharp wits, sharp swords and stout hearts to survive the enigma that is “The Fox Wife’s Tail.”


Why did you write a book, Kinch? 

If I'm honest, I don't know.  

Because I had to.  

I've been scratching away at stories since I was old enough to hold a pen.  The practicalities of actually getting things into print has eluded me up until relatively recently - but after being repeatedly kicked in the seat of the trousers by Mrs Kinch, we set up A Simple Plan Press. ASSP will be publishing "The Fox Wife's Tail" in 2017 and will be publishing work by Mrs Kinch in 2018.


If I wished to buy a copy where would I go? 

The Fox Wife's Tail will be published next month. It will be available on Kindle and in paperback at Amazon Createspace and the A Simple Plan Press website.  A novel of adventure, villainy and romance in the tradition of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, H Rider Haggard and Patrick O'Brian with a dollop of Agatha Christie - it would make an excellent Christmas present for any family members whose company you do not wish to be burdened with next year. 


I will be posting a little bit more about it here over the next few weeks.  I'm still becoming accustomed to the idea that it is actually a real thing.  

34 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You have gone a long, long way further than I ever managed with story telling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, congrats. Must be a very satisfying feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the one thing in life I've never achieved and would like to achieve is write a book. Had articles and stories published, plus the Garrison Journal I did, but never an actual book. Congratulations on the achievement.
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, congratulations. This achievement is not a minor issue.
    You got my attention here. I'd like to know a little more, I'll be keeping an eye here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Suber, what would you like to know?

      You can find the book here. https://www.amazon.com/Fox-Wifes-Tail-Conrad-Kinch-ebook/dp/B01KGP84WE

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on a terrific accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds intriguing. I look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Without having read it yet, let me congratulate you in advance just for getting the dashed thing written and published.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done. Look forward to the release. Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I hope it lives up to expectations.

      Delete
  9. Ooh I know an author ! (must get a copy )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Mr Author. A special moment indeed. Enjoy it.

    Stephen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Conrad Kinch,

    Welcome to the writer's club! There is a wonderful of achievement when you write something and it gets published ... and hopefully this will be the first of many books that you will produce. I look forward to buying a copy when it is published.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done Conrad.I recently completed my first? is there to be a second crime fiction novel, and now I honestly dont know what to do with it.I suppose its normal to take a step back after one finally completes a project that takes up quite a bit of ones working life. So best of luck with the project as we unpublished authors like to call these things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Persistence is key Robbie. I finished mine nearly ten years ago and didn't really do anything with it. Self publishing is easier than you think.

      Delete
  13. Congratulations! I have been labouring over a novel for the last two years (think Alan Garner or Lucy M. Boston with a splash or M.R. James). It's written, but the editing process seems to be never-ending! I will pick up a copy 'The Fox Wife's Tail' when it become available.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Bravo! I will certainly be getting this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. ...I have downloaded a copy to the Kindle for an upcoming holiday... looking forward to it.. well done on being published, very few have the get up and go to stick with it...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulation on your book. I will look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on this achievement, CK! Well done. I greatly enjoyed an advanced copy, it combined high adventure with a dry wit and a dramatic flair that will delight all good chaps. Highly recommended.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazon has yielded a copy. You'll have to autograph my Kindle though...

    ReplyDelete