Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Bunkers by Conflix

And not a golf ball in sight. 

I've been playing Second World War games for years now, but curiously I've never really had much call for bunkers. I have one or two, but I recently found myself needing a couple for a Very British Civil War game. There are bags of great terrain pieces out there and I probably could have run something up myself, but I usually find that my home made terrain is a bit flimsy.

These two pieces are from the Conflix range of terrain pieces.  For less than a tenner, you get a small grey pillpox and a small camouflaged field bunker/fighting position. They come prepainted, though there's nothing stopping you dollying them up if you wish.  

And a view from the side. 

I'm a big believer in keeping the footprint of ones terrain pieces small as it allows you more room to manuevre on the table. These have the footprint of your average cup of tea and do very nicely.

The material is a sort of resin. I wouldn't bounce them off the ground, but they do very well chucked in a box and I haven't had similar terrain pieces chip or shatter despite some pretty rough handling. The resin itself is quite light and I wouldn't say either piece is more than a few ounces. 



Note the hard white resin composition. 


So for less than twenty quid, I have four fortifications for Second World War games that are playable straight out of the box with no additional work required.

Can't say fairer than that.

4 comments:

  1. I like Conflix stuff - I've a lot of their buildings , Tony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I recognised some of their 28mm kit. It goes rather well with your 40mm Prince August figures.

      Delete
  2. Good stuff. Han't heard of this manufacturer until now. Good to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all about the cheap and the easy Padre. Kind of gal I am.

      Delete