Monday, December 21, 2015

Ghurkas from over the sea



As I mentioned previously Nick very generously sent me Ral Partha Ghurkas. These arrived last week and I haven't had the time to give them the attention they deserve. These are just some phone snaps, but I think the quality of the figures speaks for itself. 


A particularly dangerous looking customer. This chap looks like a sergeant major to me. 



Actually looking at him from another angle - perhaps Billy Fish from The Man who would be King? 


The steely gaze of a Ghurka officer speculating as to how exactly his next foe is going to be sent to meet his ancestors. 


These are lovely little crisp sculpts and Nick has done a very effective and simple paint job on them. I don't think anyone was ever the worse for having Ghurkas by his side and I look forward to leading them on the tabletop.


In other news, Mrs Kinch has been sashaying about the house putting everything in order. Decorating the Christmas tree is definitely a girl job and after bringing the boxes down from the attic, I was politely but firmly chivvied from the room. 

I returned to find everything sparkly and wonderful. But amongst the decorations I noticed some new arrivals, Guardsbear Stern of the Irish Guards hitched a lift with Mrs Kinch during a recent trip to London. 

Apparently he will be spending his Christmas leave with us. We may need more mince pies. 


Mrs Kinch is also a fan of fat Angels. There are rather a lot of them on our tree. 


Sergeant Rodiss will also be spending his Christmas leave with us.

I may have to buy a lot more mince pies and perhaps hide the best sherry. 


A golden snitch made for Mrs Kinch by her partner in crime Tootsie. 


Another fat Angel. I think the woman may have a problem. 


And no Christmas tree would be complete without a lobster. 

This is, of course, the second lobster as everyone knows there was more than one lobster at the birth of our Lord. 










19 comments:

  1. Ral Partha are classic figures!, nice Christmas tree - keep the cats off it though, Tony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're doing ok actually - the cats are behaving themselves.

      Delete
  2. Everyone needs a Christmas lobster! Lovely Gurkhas and a very HAppy Christmas to you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas Michael and the lobster is doing well. The Ghurkas are great aren't they?

      Delete
  3. The Gurkhas are stout fellows indeed. I'm sure the Frontier will be quiet with them on the scene.
    I love the decorations, though the last one was a bit startling. For a second I thought it was purchased from H. Lovecraft Christmas and Nightmare Emporium.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sincerely hope so Mike. Flashman's campaign against M-Isis is ongoing.

      As for the lobster, well Mrs. Kinch is very fond of him.

      Delete
  4. All looking very festive Conrad. And the Christmas tree, fat angels and all, is looking the part as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fine looking Gurkas!

    Happy holidays to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very festive indeed! I think Sergeant Rodiss has been at my larder too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent Gurkhas there! Smiling politely when setting them out generates maximum unnerving effect on an opponent. Works for me.

    Happy New Year, Sir,

    Regards, Chris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year Chris. They are rather good. We'll see how they perform on the table.

      Delete
  9. I'm very happy the Ghurkas found a good, and very festive, home. I always planned on giving the figures a medium dark wash to darken their skin and bring out the detail in the uniforms. But I think they we do fine service for you without. All the best for 2016 to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete