Monday, January 10, 2011

Reasons to be uppish...



A desk very similiar to my own

I've been feeling under the weather of late, but have perked up immeasurably in the last day or two. Some time off to spend with Mrs. Kinch helped a great deal, though she is poorly at the moment with a bad cold. I also had a great night out at a friend's thirtieth birthday, which goes to show what all right thinking men have known since 'Omer smote 'is bloomin' lyre; that laughter, drinking, smoking and good company are the best medicine.

In other news, our prospective house is somewhat damper than I had hoped when we went to visit it on Friday. Apparently despite my requests and the estate agents advice, the executors did not see fit to turn the water off during the recent cold snap. The damage isn't terrible and far worse things happen at sea, but it does look like it may delay proceedings for a few days, which is very irritating.

However, I have managed to organise all the relevant pieces of paper and our solicitor is merely waiting for the hard copy of the revised mortgage approval to arrive, before swinging into action- so there are reasons to be distinctly uppish.

Mrs. Kinch surpassed herself this Christmas in terms of presents, having bought and restored an Edwardian writing desk for me. I haven't managed to see it yet as it is in storage in her Grandfathers house, but it's very similar to the one above if poor camera phone pictures are to be believed. I am indescribably pleased by this magnificent gift and only hope I'll get some use out of it this year.

2 comments:

  1. Conrad Kinch,

    What a lovely present ... and one that will look nice in your new home.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete