I managed to get some work done on my gladiator. After considering my options - I decided against adding wires. This is a Wargaming model after all and there would be considerable possibilities of buggering up the work I'd done so far.
I painted it pretty much as instructed out of the box. I did consider the possibilities of the Malta camouflage scheme - but given that I will be using it almost exclusively for VBCW I thought the silver and red getup was far more appropriate. There's something rather Wellsian - in his later more totalitarian days - about it.
I wouldn't say that this kit has cured me of my phobia of assembling aircraft - but it has advanced things somewhat. All that remains now is to add decals and give it a wallop of varnish. The decal sheet is a chaotic mess of roundels, numbers and things - I suspect I'll just follow the sheet.
This may be a worrying first symptom of something, but I may see if I've anything that would pass for a ground crew or tender or something.
Anyway I better get weaving if I'm going to make it to service.