Sunday, March 9, 2014

RAF Control Tower


Just realised that I've left the top off - that RAF fella isn't just sitting on top of a building

With all these aerial shenanigans - it seemed to be time to make sure that my birds had somewhere to roost.  While emptying some boxes I came across this venerable kit - I have no idea when I picked it up or when though I know it's been around for ages. That said despite the multiple house moves and so forth - it doesn't seem to be too bashed. 



A certain amount of brute force and ignorance was required

Some of the railings are missing, but I've started replacing them with brass wire. I will need to add a rail to it once I've replaced the broken ones. The instructions for this kit are long gone - so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? I've seen cotton being used, but I would superglue stick it properly or should I use more wire? 



5 comments:

  1. "certain amount of brute force and ignorance was required." What a great line! Nice model that will serve your fledgling airforce well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Airfix kit IIRC, do they not offers a spares services (no doubt at a price) for missing/broken bits of their kits?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll be able fix it with wire - which will be quicker.

      Delete
  3. General Du GourmandMarch 12, 2014 at 12:00 PM

    Ill check at home if i have the instructions from my control tour kit put it together a while ago so could be buried under a stack of papers somewhere

    ReplyDelete